Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring has SPRUNG!

It’s official – Spring is here in Seattle! To kick it off right, we had a GORGEOUS 60 degree and sunny day here yesterday.  When I checked the weather report on Tuesday evening, I knew I had to get Jackson out and about and soak up every single moment of the weather – and we did just that! If he wasn’t eating or sleeping – he was outside playing! 

We started out our day by meeting up with my pal Katie and her super cute little guy, Max.  They live near Greenlake – so it’s just a short walk for them to meet up for a play date. I figured it was the perfect place for Jackson to get out, stretch his legs and burn off all that toddler energy.  The boys had a BLAST playing at the Greenlake park in the sand, chasing ducks, running through the mud and trying to catch all of the buses and trucks that drove by.  Boys will be boys – and these 2 little ones proved it. 
IMG_6630IMG_6634IMG_6641    IMG_6648 IMG_6651IMG_6663IMG_6664IMG_6668IMG_6676IMG_6679IMG_6681 IMG_6700IMG_6690IMG_6699 IMG_6706     IMG_6721 IMG_6727 IMG_6750IMG_6741IMG_6744IMG_6748IMG_6754      
Once the truck left, it was clear that it was  naptime – the boys were losing it :(

We got home, ate lunch and then down for a nap.  Once we woke up, we took a little trip to Costco and then a walk around our housing development to collect rocks.  6pm rolled around FAST today – we ate dinner and then to bed went my pooped little man.  So glad we had such a fun day together. It’s days like this I feel so unbelievable blessed to be home with Jackson.  I live for days like this – I hope we can have MANY more like this in the future!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree...fun filled days outside make for a much happier child and a much happier mommy, which means everyone has a good day! It hasn't gotten quite that warm in New England yet, but I'll take anything over 30 degrees! It's not easy getting two little ones out the door, but once we are all packed up, it's worth it!