Monday, April 18, 2011

Birth Photos

The moment it truly hit me that I had just endured the most unforgettable and emotional experience of my life was on Saturday afternoon.  Shane was in the shower and I logged onto his laptop while in the hospital to see if Justine had posted any photos from Malia’s birth.   Within moments, there they were, on her blog.  I took a deep breath and scrolled down to get a glimpse the photos – but had to stop. I couldn’t even see the 2nd photo, because the first had filled my eyes with tears. I began to just sob – and then Shane came out of the shower and panicked, he thought something was wrong with the baby.  I could barely get out that Justine had posted the photos – but he could already see the first one – and smiled.

We looked at the rest of the photos together and I continued to just sob and sob.  Each photo has a story to tell and has an emotion behind it. I am in love with every single photo and go to Justine’s blog about 10 times a day to relive this amazing experience.

Justine took over 700 photos – and of course I am dying to see the rest. But for now, here is the link to her blog: Malia's Birth.

I will say it over and over and over again – Justine is the most amazing photographer I have ever worked with. We didn’t even once talk about what the expectations were for this “photoshoot” and the majority of the time, I didn’t even know she was in the room. Yet, she captured every single moment I probably would have forgotten due to how much pain I was in.

Justine – we love you. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts – this is the most precious and priceless gift you could have ever given to us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos. Such an amazing keepsake to have for your family. I hope you are all adjusting well to being a family of four :)