Thursday, October 21, 2010

First Tattoo...


It's been awhile since I've posted anything but I recently got my first tattoo and wanted to explain how it all went down. I've always been fascinated by tattoos and wanted to get one since I was 18, but could never find anything of significance that I would want on my body forever. When Brianne and I met, and started dating, I told her that the only thing I could really see tattooing on myself would be our kids names. Well sure enough, a few years later out popped Jackson Gabriel but for some reason I couldn't pull the trigger. I keep telling Brianne, "I'll do it soon. I'll do it soon."

Well, this last Father's Day, my wife decided to surprise me with a little present. Being that she is a "Shit or get off the pot" type person, she decided to buy me a gift certificate to a tattoo parlor. Not only that, but the certificate came with a built in expiration date, a "use it or lose it" kind of a thing. When I saw that, I knew I had to do it. My wife HATES wasting $$$ so I made sure to follow through on this.

When the day came, I was pretty nervous but at the same time really excited. I went it alone and I have to say that I am happy with the finished product. Many people say that the first tattoo is just the start, and I think it will be for me too. We have another baby on the way so I think I'll have to come up with something soon ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love when the men post!! Awesome tatoo... I don't personally have any but I love them on men, as long as they are meaningful, such as yours. Such a touching tribute to your son. If you guys keep this up you will have little baby feet crawling all over your back, lol!

J. Shelton Photography said...

Love it, Shane!