Friday, October 1, 2010

2 under 2

Shane, Jackson and I are proud, happy and excited to announce that we are adding to our family! That’s right WE ARE PREGNANT! 9 weeks along to be exact, we confirmed today.

ultrasound blog

We didn’t plan for this to happen, but welcome this with OPEN ARMS!  So here’s the story about how it happened (don’t worry, nothing explicit here).

As most of my followers know, I breastfed Jackson for a year – well, most of you DON’T know that in the year that I breastfed him, I never once got my period.  I was on the mini-pill (a low dose hormone pill to take while breastfeeding that makes it so your milk doesn’t dry up) beginning at 6 weeks post-partum. Well, the day I stopped breastfeeding Jackson, I also stopped taking the mini-pill. I contacted my OB and got a prescription for the real deal pill – the pill I was on before trying-to-conceive Jackson. Filled my prescription, and waited….waited for my period to show so that I could begin taking my pills…….

The damn thing never showed.

I waited and waited and then one night I woke up in the middle of the night to pee…..and thought it was a little weird.  Then, the next day, Shane called me and told me that his sister Leina had a sty on her eye. In the Hawaiian culture, when a woman in the family get sty on her eye, it means that a relative is pregnant. I waited until that evening to confirm that she indeed had a sty on her eye – and she did.  On the way home, I bought a pregnancy test.  I honestly thought I was taking the test to rule it out. So that I could call the doctor the next day so I could ask why I haven’t gotten my period yet and that I already had a negative pregnancy test – so what the heck was up?!?!

The next morning I got up, Shane left for work and I took the test. I set it down on the bathroom counter and continued to enjoy my nice warm cup of coffee.  Went back 5 minutes later to 2 CLEAR AS DAY LINES. So I took another one just to be sure.

IMG_4862

And another…IMG_4894

And then I told Shane when he got home from work:
IMG_4886 
(Next blog will be how I told him…..and there is video too!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AAAAhhhhh!!! Congrats! That's amazing! I'm excited to see so many Moms from the blogs I follow will be in the same boat as me come this spring! 2 under 2...should be a wild ride! When is your due date?

The Story of Us said...

So funny - I remember when you posted that you were pregnant I was thinking "My announcement will be right around the corner, and we will have LOTS of stories to compare!" Due date is May 6th - how are you feeling????

Shannon said...

Congratulations!! How exciting! :) I know exactly the wild ride you are in for! Jayden & Jaxson are 16 months apart and once Owen arrives, I'll have "almost" 3 under 3! It's a crazy ride at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The two I have right now are the best of friends. :)

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.