How far along?: 34 weeks.
Total weight gain: 29 lbs (nothing gained this week).
How big is baby?: 18" long & just over 4 3/4 lbs (per Babycenter.com).
Maternity clothes?: Absolutely, nothing else really fits at this point.
Stretch marks?: Nope
Sleep?: Sleep is a lot better now. I think it was maybe the heat that was keeping me up the last few weeks. Now that it's cooler, I sleep with just a sheet and get at least 7 hours of broken sleep!
Best moment this week?: Watching my mommy graduate from UW with her Master's degree.
Movement?: Yes. I have definitely determined all of his body parts and where they are. Getting kicked in the ribs is no fun.
Food cravings?: I am officially back to first trimester with my food cravings - they are non-existent. I have no desire to eat and nothing sounds good.
Labor signs?: Haha - this is funny. Yes, definite labor signs that have been stopped by my doc.
Belly button in or out?: Looks flat to me, but in pictures it's popped.
What I miss: Normal day-to-day stuff. You realize pretty quickly what you CAN'T do when you are on bed rest. Just doing laundry is therapeutic for me and I can't even do that.
What I'm looking forward to: Keeping Jackson warm and cozy for the next 12 days. We (meaning Shane) basically ran around like crazy getting bags packed, cameras charged, diapers stocked and labor CD's all ready for when Jackson arrives - we are overly prepared at this point.
Weekly Wisdom: There is nobody else in this world I would rather be experiencing this with than my best friend, my husband. He is the greatest support to me through this emotional time. To all those ladies out there reading this, if your husband is like mine - let him know it.
Milestone: We got a sneak peek at Jackson yesterday at our doctors appointment. He is estimated at 5 lbs, 12oz and measuring at 36 weeks. He is a big boy-and yes, I asked to confirm one last time he is in fact, a boy.
Total weight gain: 29 lbs (nothing gained this week).
How big is baby?: 18" long & just over 4 3/4 lbs (per Babycenter.com).
Maternity clothes?: Absolutely, nothing else really fits at this point.
Stretch marks?: Nope
Sleep?: Sleep is a lot better now. I think it was maybe the heat that was keeping me up the last few weeks. Now that it's cooler, I sleep with just a sheet and get at least 7 hours of broken sleep!
Best moment this week?: Watching my mommy graduate from UW with her Master's degree.
Movement?: Yes. I have definitely determined all of his body parts and where they are. Getting kicked in the ribs is no fun.
Food cravings?: I am officially back to first trimester with my food cravings - they are non-existent. I have no desire to eat and nothing sounds good.
Labor signs?: Haha - this is funny. Yes, definite labor signs that have been stopped by my doc.
Belly button in or out?: Looks flat to me, but in pictures it's popped.
What I miss: Normal day-to-day stuff. You realize pretty quickly what you CAN'T do when you are on bed rest. Just doing laundry is therapeutic for me and I can't even do that.
What I'm looking forward to: Keeping Jackson warm and cozy for the next 12 days. We (meaning Shane) basically ran around like crazy getting bags packed, cameras charged, diapers stocked and labor CD's all ready for when Jackson arrives - we are overly prepared at this point.
Weekly Wisdom: There is nobody else in this world I would rather be experiencing this with than my best friend, my husband. He is the greatest support to me through this emotional time. To all those ladies out there reading this, if your husband is like mine - let him know it.
Milestone: We got a sneak peek at Jackson yesterday at our doctors appointment. He is estimated at 5 lbs, 12oz and measuring at 36 weeks. He is a big boy-and yes, I asked to confirm one last time he is in fact, a boy.
So yesterday I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor regarding everything that occurred on Monday. We also were able to get an ultrasound to see Jackson to make sure everything was looking good on his end; everything looks GREAT! So we sat down with the doctor and he assured us that everything with my body and with Jackson is just fine. He confirmed that yes, I am 1cm dilated and 80% effaced, but that I could stay that way for the next 6 weeks - and he has seen that happen several times. With the ultrasound, he also was able to confirm the length of my cervix. He said that at 34 weeks, he likes to see my cervix length at 2.5 and above - mine is at 2.3 - but he said he is still not concerned. We asked that if he were the on-call doctor on Monday, would he have done the same things that were prescribed to me; yes and no he replied. He would have given me the shot of terbutaline, but wouldn't have sent me home with the oral prescription. He said that there are so many mixed reviews on the drug, he just wouldn't have done it. So since I'm already on terbutaline, he indicated that he would like me to stay on it until 35 weeks (this Monday, 6/22) rather than 36 weeks (6/29). And if I go into labor at 35 weeks, Jackson would probably spend a week or so in the NICU (Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit), but if my body held out until 36 weeks, he would probably spend a couple of hours in the NICU.
I plan on stopping the terbutaline on Monday as requested by my doctor, but I am going to continue on bed rest for the entire 35th week. I don't want Jackson to spend anytime in the NICU, so if I can stay off my feet, laying down - that's just what I am going to do. I do know that if Jackson wants to arrive at 35 weeks, he will, there is no stopping that - BUT if I can do whatever I can on my end to keep him in - that is my mission. My doctor has a saying, "1 day in the womb = 3 days in the NICU" I have 12 days to keep him in the womb - this is my goal, and dammit I am one stubborn bitch - I will make th
is happen!
is happen!
4 comments:
Brianne you really look great! Can I bring you guys dinner on your 35th week??
I hope little Jackson stays in there as long as he needs to stay in there.
I thought it was funny that you asked to make sure he was still a boy. I had an ultra sound 2 hours before Daniel was born and I asked the same thing. Good luck!
You are beautiful. He's gonna be fine. And IF he comes really soon....you guys will get through that, too! All you need is LOVE.
Please let me know if you need ANYTHING! I can drop by anytime and bring stuff to you!! I am HAPPY to help! You know- I know exactly how boring bed rest is!
I can't believe it's any day now Brianne! I like what you said about letting your husband know how much you appreciate them-sometimes I don't think I do that enough. Hang in there (that's directed to you figuratively and Jackson LITERALLY!!)
Post a Comment