Total weight gain: 27 lbs (I've lost 2lbs since last week).
How big is baby?: Over 18" long & 5 1/4 lbs.
Maternity clothes?: Yep
Stretch marks?: Nope
Sleep?: My back is beginning to hurt when I sleep on my sides, so I constantly have to re-position myself during the night.
Best moment this week?: Celebrating Father's Day with my husband & family.
Movement?: Lots of movement, Jackson found my ribs.
Food cravings?: Same as last week, nothing sounds good.
Labor signs?: Started back up again yesterday, as soon as I stopped the trebutaline, my contractions kicked into gear. Plus menstrual-like cramping.
What I miss: Not being able to plan accordingly.
What I'm looking forward to: Continuing to keep Jackson cooking for a few more weeks, and my sister-in-law's baby shower on Saturday!
Weekly Wisdom: Patience is something I need more of. Thank GOD Shane has lots of it, because I need to learn from him. Wisdom: Pregnancy forces patience down your throat, whether you like it or not.
Milestone: Made it through week 34 without having Jackson.
So as directed by my doctor, I stopped the trebutaline on Monday, and just as expected, I began having contractions first thing Tuesday morning. The contractions were averaging about 3-7 minutes apart, but were not painful. Finally at about 1:30pm (5 hours of consistent contractions) I decided to call my doctor's office - and they asked me to come in.
(A little background on our birth plan - We REALLY want to try and labor at home as much as possible, our plan has always been that unless my water breaks, we are going to try to labor at home until my contractions become painful and are 5 minutes or less apart.)
I was really torn to go into the office, because I didn't feel like it was "time" yet, but being pre-term, I knew it was the right thing to do just in case.
I was really torn to go into the office, because I didn't feel like it was "time" yet, but being pre-term, I knew it was the right thing to do just in case.
My doctor examines me and says, "Oh yeah, your cervix is completely closed, you are about 50% effaced and the baby is floating."
WTF?
My first thought is, how can I go from 1cm dilated, 80% effaced and the baby is head down ready- to go to this?
Then I realized that I was examined by a different doctor last week (who we call Dr. Hahn, because she looks like a doc on Grey's Anatomy). Not sure if that's the reason, or if Jackson is playing tricks on me, but I completely trust my doctor. Then, after 5 hours of contractions (even one during my exam) I get hooked up to the monitors.....contractions completely stopped.
WTF?
Patience Brianne, patience. This is NOT something I can plan for, if anything, I need to continue my thought plan of "expect the unexpected". However, we are now on TRIP #2 of "False Labor" and as much as I want Jackson to cook longer, I have to admit that Shane and I were a little disappointed.
Oh, and in the time that I've typed this, I have had 4 contractions.....go figure.
I apologize for the snotty look on my face - I was in a bad mood.


3 comments:
Still a beautiful as ever
If you hadn't said you were in a bad mood, I wouldn't have known! You look fabulous!
I feel ya on the lack of patience thing. I'm only 6 months and I'm ready for this rugrat to get here already!
You ladies are so sweet. I think I look like I could be giving the camera the bird. I don't know why, I have nothing to be mad about....
Ambra - Just you wait.....LOL.
Post a Comment