Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day!!!!

I've had the argument with several people about whether or not to celebrate Father's Day. I was in the minority thinking that you become a father/mother at conception. My general philosophy is that once you start caring about your baby and worrying about it, you're a parent.

So Sunday I had my first. I woke up thinking, "Wow, today is Father's Day." My wife who is on bed rest, planned out an amazing day for me. First I opened my present she had gotten me and it was a baseball t-shirt that said on the front "Daddy" and on the back it said, "Kissing baby toes since 2009." It was pretty cute and I wore it all day. After a morning workout, we went to Canyon's for brunch with Brianne's family. It was a fun time overall.

The real surprise for me was being taken on an excursion in the afternoon. Not knowing where we were going and having a ton of thoughts in my head, we pulled into a parking lot where I saw a Urology clinic, a nail salon, and the place where Mountlake 9 theaters used to be. My first thought was, "Holy sh**, Brianne is taking me to get a pedicure. To my surprise, we pulled into a place called, "The Cinnebar." Apparently this is 1 of 5 or so 21 and over Movie Theatres in the United States. they serve food, alcohol, and pretty much anything else you could want. Walking into the theatre, I was amazed. My wife knows how much I love seeing movies and she planned out the perfect day for me. My sisters and brother-in-law also joined us and we had pizzas, fries, milkshakes, and beer, well except for the prego chicks ;) We also watched the Hangover which was frickin hilarious.

All in all it was a great day! And I couldn't have asked for more. My wife knows me and loves me very much and it was great to spend the day with her. Next year, we will have our son Jackson here and I can't wait.

No comments: